Fr. Patrick LaPacz Returns to NDA to Teach Theology

I want to pass on to my students an interest and a desire to choose to practice the Catholic faith,” said NDA’s newest theology teacher Fr. Patrick LaPacz

An alumni of NDA, LaPacz has been a Norbertine priest for the past five years and has come back to teach theology to freshmen and juniors. 

“Freshmen, it’s teaching the fundamentals, and juniors, it’s to teach them how to read and approach the Bible,” LaPacz said.

LaPacz was born and raised here in Green Bay, graduated from St. Norbert College and then joined the Diocesean Seminary but would leave for the Norbertian Seminary.

“The community life of the Norbertines is what drew me in,” LaPacz said. 

“The opportunity to try teaching high school drew me back to NDA, and it felt like returning home,” he said. 

Before teaching at NDA, LaPacz taught at St. Norbert College, teaching one class of juniors and seniors. 

“The transition was different but not too complicated,” he added.

“It’s a lot of work.  I’ve always respected teachers, but you don’t realize how much work goes into planning and preparing for classes. My respect for teachers has increased even more,” said the new staff member.

Outside of school, LaPacz enjoys reading and praying daily. 

“I like spending time with my friends and family, and I like to read, but I don’t have enough time. I like staying on top of current events,” he said.

LaPacz also enjoys seeing how the school has changed and how it has also stayed the same since his time here.

“It’s a different place from 18 years ago, but there are some similarities. I find myself comparing it to when I was a student,” he said.