Arianna Martinez-Martinez Will Run Track at SNC

Recently, NDA hosted a signing for eight more of its 16 seniors who will be moving on to play sports at the collegiate level.

Among these athletes is Arianna Martinez-Martinez, who will be attending St. Norbert College and participating in track and field.

Martinez-Martinez has been competing in track for six years. She usually does running events such as the 100-meter dash, 200-meter dash, and the 4×100 relay.

“I did not see myself as a college athlete until my senior year of 2024,” she explained. “After seeing my growth throughout each meet I competed in, I could picture myself competing at a higher level, leading to me being committed to the college level.”

Her sister, Chelsea, is on the soccer team at St. Norbert.

“For me, knowing that I am competing at the same college as my sister, has allowed me to see for myself that if my sister can complete at a college level, why can’t I?” commented Martinez-Martinez.

Her faith has always played a big role in her life. “My faith has been a tremendous key factor in my decision to pursue my track career. Before every race, I pray one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be, to help calm my nerves and allow myself to trust in the Lord for the outcomes of my races,” explained the senior. “I will also be majoring in leadership.”

“I am so excited to meet new people that have the same interest in the sport as I do. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for me,” reflected Martinez-Martinez.

In gratitude for the opportunity she has received to compete, the senior said, “I am forever grateful for the opportunity to challenge myself to compete at a college level.”