Red Cross Summer Blood Drive Set for Wednesday, June 19, at NDA

NDA is holding its summer blood drive on Wednesday, June 19. The drive will be held at Notre Dame Academy, and time slots go from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m..

The blood drive is open for all NDA students, parents, siblings, and anyone in the community. Each donation can save up to three lives.

Donated blood is used for surgeries, cancer treatments, chronic illnesses, accident incidences, and more.

“So many people need blood – everyone from accident and burn victims and those battling cancer to those with chronic illnesses and needing surgery. The only way for people to have access to much-needed blood is for people to donate it,” said Campus Minister Kelly Watters.

Those who donate are eligible for a $15 e-gift card. In order to be eligible, you must be 16 and weigh at least 110 lbs.

For any questions, contact Mrs. Watters or Zita Luloff, student organizer of the event.

If you are interested in signing up, use this link: https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time