NDA Lifeguards’ Mission: Love Life, Love Others, Serve God

“This is a hot button topic and really it’s how do we love others and love others that we don’t agree with. It’s about proclaiming and being a voice for what we believe in and sharing how we are sacred and made in the image and likeness of God,” said Father Jordan Neeck about the NDA Lifeguards.

NDA Lifeguards, a pro-life club, says their mission is to love life, love others and serve God. The club was started back in 2019 and strives to raise awareness to the sacredness of life at all stages. 

“It’s about being a place to have conversations about the sacred dignity of life and raise awareness to life with the focus on the unborn and the babies in the womb because they are voiceless. It’s about the voiceless and elderly,” said Neeck. 

The club participates in 40 Days for Life, which is a peaceful protest in front of Planned Parenthood on Oneida Street calling for the end of abortion. 

“It’s about educating others how to love others. You aren’t going to win their soul by shutting them down. It’s not about writing other people off. It’s through goodness and treating others like how God loves that will win their souls,” said Neeck. 

The club also runs diaper drives here at school.

“If we are going to defend life we have to take action and prayer leads us to action. It’s about how we support families and mothers,” Neeck said.

The club has also participated in the March for Life in Washington D.C. and hopes to go back soon.  

Junior Mia Miller, one of the club leaders, said,  “I joined the club freshman year and really liked everything that the club did, and I was interested in becoming a leader to add new activities for the club.”