Girls Lacrosse Team Back in Action, Aiming for Playoff Success

The coming of spring means the arrival of lacrosse at NDA.

Girls lacrosse is relatively new here with the first season being in 2022. It is a large program but is always looking for bigger numbers.

Senior returners such as Grace Barington believe that “lacrosse is something fun and easy to pick up while still being an intense sport.”

The girls put in a lot of work and have high expectations for themselves this season. Last season their record was 8-8. They made it to round two of the playoffs, and they want to improve on that this year.

“I expect that we make it past the Regional Finals and onto the Sectional Finals in our run to State,” said Mrs. Anderson, head coach of the girls team and a teacher at NDA.

Sophomore Josalyn White scored 58 goals last season and was named first team all-conference. Her hopes for this year are to continue to develop her game and her team.

“My expectations of the team are to win the conference and prepare ourselves for playoffs,” said White.
Their season opener was Thursday April 11 against Wausau. Both JV and Varsity took the win.

“We would love to see more people come out to support the team,” said Anderson.

Their season will go until the playoffs which take place at the end of May and the beginning of June with the state championship being on June 8.