Senior Speaks in Support of Catholic Education

I have attended Catholic schools my entire educational career, but as an incoming freshman, I had a big decision to make. I was given the choice of choosing which high school I would go to. One choice was Luxemburg-Casco, a public high school; my other choice was Notre Dame Academy. I obviously chose Notre Dame, and here is why.

Luxemburg was attractive because of its numerous honors, college credit, and AP classes, its many unique electives and real-world job opportunities, and its very successful volleyball program, through which I already had a great group of friends. However, there was a noticeable absence of a strong Christian community. 

It is rare, and it is a true privilege that Jesus dwells in our school – His body, blood, soul, and divinity – just on the other side of two doors at the end of the hallway. His very real presence here gives all of us the opportunity to not only personally grow closer to Jesus Christ but also to grow as an entire community in the faith. 

At Notre Dame I have been blessed to go on an international mission trip and have numerous other faith and service opportunities that I believe I wouldn’t have had at Luxembourg or any other school. 

Overall, the incomparable blend of academics, faith, service and community at Notre Dame Academy has not only equipped me with a well-rounded education but has also helped shape me into a person of integrity, faith and compassion, prepared to navigate the complexities of life beyond high school in world that is becoming increasingly hostile to Christians.  

For this place… for my faith… I am grateful.  Thank you.