Adam Guyette: Lone Returning Starter for Boys Basketball

Adam Guyette, a two-sport athlete at NDA in his freshman and sophomore years, will be the only returning starter on the boys basketball team that opens its season at home next Tuesday.

Last year, the boys varsity team won their first ever regional championship in school history.

Guyette, who also plays baseball, started playing basketball when he was in third grade.  

Freshman year, Guyette was on the freshman basketball team. He took a big jump up when he started for the varsity team as a sophomore and averaged about 7.9 points per game.

Guyette credits one of the four senior starters on last year’s team with being a big influence on his varsity success.  

“Ethan Wall just took me in and was always there for me,” he said. 

He also championed Coach Brian Bobinski for constantly emphasizing playing together as a team. “Do it simple and do it right,” Guyette said the coach would tell the team.

Looking ahead to the possibility of post-high school play, the junior said, “I haven’t decided what level yet, but I know I want to play college basketball.” 

With his remaining two years of high school, Guyette has set a few goals for himself. He would like to earn an all-conference award, but, overall, he just wants to win.