Softball Gets First Win, Heads into Busy Week of Four Games

One week into the season the NDA softball team sits at a record of 1-2. 

On Thursday, March 28, the Tritons traveled to UW-Oshkosh. There, they played two tough games. They fell to West De Pere by a score of 5-11, and to Oshkosh West with a score of 6-9. 

Maddie Hilts had 3 RBIs in the loss to West De Pere, and Stella Starry had a solo run in the loss to Oshkosh West. 

Despite the two losses, the Tritons came back Monday ready to play. 

After one game cancellation because of the snow, the Tritons had their “home opener” at UWGB on Thursday, where they beat Manitowoc 13-2 in 5 innings. 

“I wanted to make sure we got a win before we got too far into the season,” said Addy Simpson, sophomore pitcher and Jolly Good Soda player of the game, in an interview on W7. 

Simpson pitched 4 innings where she struck out seven and walked three while allowing no hits or earned runs. 

Although the temps were in the mid-thirties on Thursday, the Triton bats were hot. The Tritons had 13 hits, 5 walks and 1 strikeout. 

Emma Jahner, Starry, Ava Massey, Megan Gelb, Simpson and Kaia Waldrop all had RBIs in the win. Waldrop’s included a two-run inside-the-park home run. 

After one more cancellation on Friday, the Tritons are now heading into another action-filled week. 

This week, they will face Preble, Sheboygan South, Sheboygan North and Xavier. 

The JV team is currently 0-2, after a 0-5 loss to Oshkosh West, and a 2-3 loss to Manitowoc. They will play at Kettle Moraine Lutheran on Thursday.