Eliza Campbell ‘Shocked’ by Golden Apple Nomination

“I was shocked… Someone nominated me? It is just funny to me that the year I am teaching the least is the year I get it,” said Eliza Campbell after being nominated for the Golden Apple Award. 

Campbell started teaching here at NDA three years ago but started teaching overall five years ago. She is also the assistant head coach for the varsity girls basketball team, the newly designated alumni coordinator and the layout expert for this Tritonian newspaper.

“I grew up in a house with my mom as a teacher… She did not scare me away from it,” said Campbell while sharing who is her role model and who inspired her to become a teacher. 

Although she usually teaches social studies, this year she is teaching physical education and computer applications. 

One challenging part of teaching for Campbell is remembering the best thing is not always the easiest thing. 

Campbell finds it rewarding when you get to help and see students grow in their education and become better people. 

“I am a lot more patient than I give myself credit for,” said Campbell when asked the question: What have you learned about yourself through being a teacher?

Campbell decided to be a teacher because she did not want to sit around a desk all day, and teaching is something new every day. 

One fun fact about the Golden Apple nominee is that she broke her foot on the school stairs.