English Teacher Gilson ‘Honored’ to Be Nominated for Golden Apple Award

Mrs. Andrea Gilson, English teacher for 10 years at NDA, has been nominated once again for a Golden Apple. The Golden Apple Award is given to honor outstanding and creative educators in the Green Bay area. 

She is “truly honored” to have received the nomination and cites Father Gordon Gilsdorf, her College Credit English teacher, as the one who inspired her to enter the field of education. 

During her time teaching, she has also learned how to view things from a different perspective. 

“I have learned that I am always thinking of the students when planning lessons and putting myself in their shoes.  I have learned that it is great that I plan so much in advance, but I have learned to think on my feet more when plans change,” said Gilson 

Although she didn’t originally plan on being a teacher, she enjoys every moment to the fullest. She enjoys the bond she has with the students and staff and tries to bring an enthusiastic attitude with her.  

I always tell everyone that making the decision to be a teacher was the best decision I ever made.  Teaching is a rewarding profession that consistently challenges me and allows me to be creative on a daily basis.”