NDA News Team To Attend Wisconsin Broadcasting Forum at Lambeau Field

The Wisconsin Broadcasting Association is holding a Student Forum at Lambeau Field on February 24, and Frau Laaksonen, along  with members of the NDA News team, will be in attendance. 

The Student Forum is an event for students to get hands-on experience with broadcasting activities as well as be able to listen to keynote speakers such as Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren from the Green Bay Packers.

There will be talks about what makes a good news and sports story, careers in broadcasting, storytelling techniques and the use of technology in broadcasting, all of which will take place in the morning from 8-12 p.m..

The afternoon will have a job fair and then hands-on experiences, including interviewing celebrities on camera, experience in front of a green screen, reading from a teleprompter on camera, calling a game on radio and getting headshots. 

The day will end with an award ceremony which, hopefully, will include awards to the NDA news crew for the Morning Show clips submitted to the competition.