Katie Polasky Named Outstanding Senior for Class of 2024

Katie Polasky received the Outstanding Senior Award at Thursday’s awards ceremony. The award is given to the senior who will be remembered as the model or example representative of the Class of 2024.

Polasky has been involved in a plethora of extracurriculars during her time at NDA. She has been a part of ASTRA, NDLA, Baking Club, Triton Troupe, Academy Fans, Student Government, French Club, Chinese Club and NDA Life Guards. She has also been involved in lacrosse and tennis.

Polasky’s dedication to service extends beyond the walls of NDA. She has made a significant impact as a social media manager and volunteer for Buddy Up Tennis, a youth advisory member for House of Hope, a youth board member for the Brown Country Youth Action Board and a youth representative for the Wisconsin Association for Homeless and Runaway Youth (WAHRY). She is a model of involvement for an abundance of organizations that better NDA, our community, and beyond.

Among her favorite memories from her time at NDA are Food Truck Friday and Fall Fest Week, as she loves seeing people excited about the events.

“I love seeing the excitement on people’s faces and how people get so into dressing up for the themes,” said Polasky.

Polasky will be attending the University of Dayton and plans on majoring in psychology and minoring in disability studies. She hopes to become an occupational therapist in the future. She is most looking forward to getting involved with different organizations and leading campus tours at the university.

For all NDA students, she encourages them to get involved in a variety of activities and push outside their comfort zone to try new things.

“Whether it’s your first year or last year or somewhere in between, get involved in things you wouldn’t normally think about,” said Polasky.