Sophomore Class Retreat: Fun and Faith at Camp Tekawitha

The sophomore class recently went on a retreat to Camp Tekawitha, one half of the class on Wednesday and the other half on Thursday.

The class participated in small group discussions, class talks, adoration, mass of the rosary, free time with peers and ended the day with mass at NDA. 

I think everyone got something out of the retreat,” said Campus Minister Kelly Waters in evaluating the retreat.

The goal of this retreat was for the sophomores to have a day off from their everyday lives to focus on their faith and relationship with God. 

“The retreat was a well-needed day off. It allowed me to take a break and breathe,” said sophomore Addyson Simpson about her experience. 

Retreat trips like these are beneficial to not only the students but also the staff. Retreats at NDA that are focused on faith allow students and staff to better themselves and their relationship with God through the discussions and activities. 

Through their peers, group leaders, Father Jordan, and other retreat participants, the sophomores were able to get different perspectives on faith.