Spring Week Arrives at NDA

Spring Week has arrived here at Notre Dame. 

Each year, NDA’s Outreach Branch of Student Government picks a charity for the week’s focus. 

This year’s focus is the Ronald McDonald House. Members of Outreach said they picked this charity because “it brings a new awareness to the NDA community.”

Monday started the week with a prayer service where members of Outreach explained what the Ronald McDonald House does. Mrs.Holly Hinch and Mrs. Joey Rickards participated in a Q&A on their time spent there.

“Having the sense of safety and just not having to worry about as much was really nice,” said Mrs. Rickards. “Also, just knowing that they are there if/when you need it,” she continued.

Mrs. Hinch encouraged the students and staff to check the House’s website for ways to help or donate. 

Senior Sydney Berndt also talked a little about her experience there when she was diagnosed with cancer at age nine. 

“It made me feel less homesick. It is more than a place to stay. They make it feel like a community,” she said. 

Throughout the week, there will be multiple activities and dress-up days for NDA students and staff to participate in. 

This week, students can purchase a pin for two dollars. The money raised will go to the RMHC. The pin will allow the students to participate in the following dress days:

Monday: Red and yellow day  (McDonald’s colors)

Wednesday: Soccer mom vs grill dad

Thursday: Total comfort day

Friday: Country vs Country club

On Tuesday, students will report to their assigned service site for “NDA Serves.” They will spend three hours Tuesday morning giving back to the community.

To finish the week, NDA is hosting its annual De La Baie fest. At this festival, there will be food for purchase, as well as a 3v3 basketball tournament, silent auction, cake walk, escape room, games and much, much more.