Academy Chatter: What Makes a Teacher a ‘Golden Apple’ Kind of Teacher?

Academy Chatter:  What Makes a Teacher a Golden Apple Kind of Teacher?

Mattias Vanduyse, senior: “When they really enjoy the subject they are teaching and if they explain the subject thoroughly.”

Liam Blakney, senior: “Willing to change the way you teach something to help a student understand.”

Alexander Healy, senior: “Someone who is capable of relating to the students and being able to keep students engaged and passionate about learning.” 

Royce Guo, senior:  “A teacher who has fair expectation, is prepared and enjoys what they’re teaching.”

Adam Nienow, senior:  “If the teacher likes their kids and enjoys their job.” 

John Murphy, senior: “I think that making the class fun and engaging but also being approachable for questions and help.”

Alvin Alvarado, junior: “When instead of teaching and giving homework to understand the lesson, they go back and put it in a way students can understand it.”

John Vanduyse senior: “An effective teacher is someone who cares about their students in the real world. They make sure to explain the concept fully and give the students real world examples of the concept. Students being able to apply lessons from school into their own lives gives them a much greater understanding of the lesson.”

Ayden L’Empereur, senior: “An effective teacher knows their students and likes to have fun while teaching.”

Jack Brabant, senior: “A teacher that takes the time to teach concepts in a way that is effective for the students. They do not just read from a textbook.”

Kailey Gulmire, senior: “I feel that an effective teacher has to be flexible in their teaching methods to meet the needs of their students.”