AV Production Class Takes Field Trip to Meyer Theater

This past week the Audio Visual Production class and some members of the tech team had the opportunity to go to the Meyer Theater for a field trip, and it definitely was one of my favorite experiences as an NDA student. 

We started off the day by producing a very special live Morning Show from the Meyer Theater with the goal of trying to get all of our newscasters a little bit of time on air. Our stars of the show, however, were Pamela Lepscier and Owen Reich, who agreed to dress up as a bun and a hotdog in the spirit of Halloween.

After the live show we took a tour of the historic theater and learned several interesting facts, such as how the theater, which is now used for live shows, used to be a movie theater with three screening rooms. 

Then, after the tour, our class split off into two groups, and we had a project to film a video at the theater. Our prompt was to re-create a crime that had taken place in the downstairs part of the theater. 

We had to interview various people and figure out who was the perpetrator of the crime and then film a re-creation of the crime. After we finished filming our videos, we had lunch that the amazing people of the Meyer Theater provided for us, and then headed back to school. 

Overall, this field trip is definitely one of the coolest things that I have been a part of during my time here at Notre Dame, and I give this as another reason to encourage anyone interested in the AV Production class to join–just do it!