Letters to the Editor

Letters to the Editor

Dear Editor, 

I want to express how much we appreciate the many events and opportunities at NDA.  As a freshman, so far I have enjoyed all the festivities. The student government has put in so much work to make it enjoyable for the staff and students. I would also like to thank the morning announcements for keeping me up to date with the school and schedules. 

Sincerely, 

Amelia Butz ‘27

Dear Editor, 

I think having the option to send pictures you want to see in the yearbook was a good idea. However, not a lot of people are doing it. On behalf of the yearbook staff, more students should submit their pictures. 

Thank you, 

Briana Flores 

Dear editor,

I would like to request a yearbook theme that’s based on movies/books. As a freshman here, I’m not the one to judge on themes nor the school spirit.  However, I noticed how bland and boring the school yearbooks are. 

I love everything about the school when it comes to activities and events, everything but the yearbook.  I think collaborators of the yearbook should express their creativity and ideas.  

Maybe the issue is money or time management, but the school seems to have both of those operations down. So why not add a little artistry and aesthetic pleasure to the yearbook?

Sincerely,

Lorannen Smith, Class of ’27

Dear Editor,

I would like to thank the tech crew for their hard work here at NDA. They put so much effort into the extravagant behind-the-scenes of plays, musicals, concerts, dances, award ceremonies, graduations, masses, and anything that needs technology setup and is NDA related. It has only been a few months, yet the tech crew has  accomplished so much.

However, they have very few members and need more volunteers. I am a witness, as I am one of the few members.  I feel the tech club deserves more praise and awareness. That way the club can continue to stay consistent and on task with all the different events they have. With more participants, a member can waver to the event that best suits their schedule.

Participants are allowed to choose when they are available to work–from leaving their second hour class to set up for mass, or setting up for Academy Awards after school. I would really like to emphasize that there is a spot for everyone in the tech club and that no one will regret signing up! By at least trying your hand at technology within the club you can learn new skills, develop friends, and possibly get paid by working after-school hours.

Sincerely,

Mikayla Jacque Class of “27

Dear Editor,

I want to show appreciation to every teacher/staff member here at NDA, although I do have a problem with advisory. As much as I love advisory, I don’t think the time we have in advisory is enough. I think we should stretch the advisory hour a little longer to the same time we have our other classes.
It would be an easier way to communicate with your teachers if you’re failing a grade or to get to know your fellow advisory friends. It also gives every student a time to relax and de-stress from other classes or to prepare for quizzes, tests and such. The advisory change would have a huge change in the schedule though. I think it’s best if we have the time to sit down with our advisory teacher and talk as a class.
Best Regards,
Jazalynn Ramos Cruz, Class of ’27

Dear Editor,

I want to say how much I appreciate all the NDA staff and Student Government does for the students. The activities they plan always have so much effort put into them to make it fun for the students. For example, during Fall Fest, even though there was a lack of participation on the part of students and plans had to change, they still found a way to make it fun instead of canceling the plans. These events are a good way for students to get a break from having normal school days and also have things to look forward to in the week.
Sincerely,
Breanna Schwarten, Class of ’27

Dear Editor, 

I greatly appreciate the weekly spirit dress day we are given at NDA, but I believe we should have at least one more of those days each week. I understand the administration’s concern for our school safety, and student identification in those events; however, I do not believe that it would make much of a difference if we were wearing school uniforms versus school spirit shirts in the event of an emergency. Students also wear their IDs which is another form of identification of an NDA student. Students also often find their own NDA spirit shirts more comfortable than the uniform shirts. These reasons are why I think the addition of another spirit day each week would not be a bad idea. 

Sincerely, 

Aristana Hinz ‘25

Dear Editor,

I think having the ability to watch Youtube is a good idea. However, some people might disagree, saying  that “it’s a waste of time,” or “you should be focusing on school work.”  

For me personally I need to listen to something while I work because I can’t deal with the silence; it’s too hard to think.  So, I think they should have a time limit on Youtube, so students can still watch or listen to something for a bit for a distraction but still have time to work on school work.

Sincerely, 

Brooke Huss, Class of ’24

Dear Editor,

Mr. McGowan has been at NDA for 9 years. In addition to being the learning resources specialist, he teaches math, algebra and English. He also coaches track and cross country. Outside of Notre Dame he has three kids that go to St.Bernard. 

Teachers like Mr. McGowan are what make NDA special.

Sincerely,

Fernando Martinez, Class of ’24