Anthony Schumann: Assistant AD All About Sports, Competition

“The students and staff make every day fun,” said NDA’s Assistant Athletic Director Anthony Schumann. 

Schumann is in his third full year here at NDA. His main role includes scheduling buses, reserving hotels, finding officials, setting up the gym/field for NDA’s sporting events, and even helping coach the golf team.

Schumann has always loved sports and  has played them his whole life. He attended Beaver Dam High School where he competed in football, baseball and basketball. 

Indeed, he is surrounded by athletes in his life. He himself played football at UW-Lacrosse, his sister currently plays basketball at UW-Lacrosse and played for the Beaver Dam girls basketball team that won three consecutive state championships. His future bride also played for that Beaver Dam team. 

Along with playing football, Schumann studied sports management in college. The Assistant AD job wasn’t the first job he thought of doing, but he just jumped in, and Mr. Koenig, he said, helped him a lot.

Schumann’s dream job was always to be in the scouting department in the NFL.

“The NFL draft is the best three days of the year,” said Schumann. Football is his favorite sport and he “maybe wants to coach it someday.” 

He’s also a huge Packers and Jordan Love fan. Schumann says he will always love sports, competing and just being involved with them.

“I golf in a Wednesday league.  It’s a good way to stay competitive,” he said.