Senior Lauren Witczak Excited about her Third NDA Musical Production

Throughout her high school career, senior Lauren Witczak has participated in three musicals: “Footloose” (2022), “The Little Mermaid” (2023), and now this year, “Annie” (2024). 

“I have always had a passion for musicals and loved going to shows at a young age,“ said Witczak about her reason for taking part in Notre Dame’s productions. 

Witzack ‘jumped’ at the first opportunity to audition and be in a play. Her love and passion for the musical just grew over time.

Witczak claims that doing musical has personally helped her in many ways. It opened up other opportunities for her, such as being in the Academy Awards show, and in social ways, like improving her public speaking.

“Musicals have been so positive for me; it is something I will truly miss once I leave NDA,” said the senior.  The cast and crews of the musicals have uplifted her, making the musical easily one of her favorite experiences. 

As for her favorite memory from her high school musical years, she doesn’t have one, but also added,, “The people I have met through the experience have stood out.”

“Enjoy every moment of it as it goes very fast… To anyone on the fence about auditioning, put yourself out there,” said Witczak, giving her own piece of advice for future students wanting to do musicals.

Witczak has the role of Lily St. Regis in “Annie.”

“I am really proud of the production this year.I expect it to be an amazing show,” she said.