Triton Runway Looks for Volunteers

Colleen Mortell, Staff Writer

The Third  Annual Triton Runway Event will be held Saturday, May 10.  Triton Runway is a Fashion Show and Boutique that is run by students assisted by a committee of parent volunteers.

The fashion show will be held in the auditorium, while the boutiques will be set up in the commons, according to Development Coordinator Mrs. Minnie Bouche.

The event first started because they were looking for another fundraising event that evolved students.  Mrs. Bouche also said Triton Runway provides some real life experience on how to put on a fundraiser, how to do a fashion show, and taking on responsibilities like this.

“The first year, the students were a bit skeptical about it and then last year we had lots of students wanting to get involved.  In the past we have only allowed seniors to get involved, but we are opening it up to other grades this year so whomever wants to make a commitment to it can get involved,” Mrs. Bouche said.

The event will have 15-30 vendors that will be selling purses, clothing, scarves, jewelry, cosmetics, and other fashion accessories.

The fashion show, held from 7:00 – 8:30 will feature students, teachers, NDA President Mr. Bob Pauly and hopefully some children as well, Bouche said.

Tickets for the event are $15 in advance and $20 at the door.

NDA Alumna Hannah French modeled for Bessell, a local boutique, last year.

“When I went to the store, we got to pick out the outfits ourselves, which was really fun for me because I love styling.  For the actual show we went in early for hair and makeup which was a really fun experience! It was a fun getting to work with some of the teachers too,” French said.

French also said Triton Runway taught her more about businesses in Green Bay.

“It’s a really fun experience, especially if all of your friends do it!” French added.

Bouche said she is looking for 30 male and female students willing to model in the show.  The models will be responsible for going to the assigned clothing store and trying on items for the show.  In addition, each model will be asked to help with selling tickets.

As coordinator, Mrs. Bouche oversees the decorations, food and beverages, and works with the parent and student committees.

She is currently looking for a group of 4-5 students that are willing to serve as a Student Advisory Committee.  The committee will be working with Mrs. Bouche to find the student models.

Students volunteers will help with admission ticket sales, raffle tickets sales, setup/take down of the auction, and organizing of food and beverages.

Two emcees will be needed to assist with the music selection, runway scripting, and announcing of the show, Bouche said.

Photographers are also needed to capture pictures of the night.

There will be stylists at the show; however, Mrs. Bouche needs volunteers to assist with makeup and hair appointments.

Mrs. Bouche is looking for entertainment for the night.  Students that are looking for a chance to play an instrument or sing in front of an audience can sign up!

“This is a great way to get experience with coordinating a special event with a focus on fashion.  If you get involved I would be happy to write a letter of recommendation for you noting your involvement with the event.  It is a great thing to have on your resume – plus it will be fun!” Mrs. Bouche said.

Senior Miranda Metzler is excited for the event.

“I’m really looking forward to helping out Mrs. Bouche and photograph this year’s Triton Runway! It should be a lot of fun!” Metzler said.

A signup sheet can be found on Mrs. Bouche’s door in student services, and also by Mr. Kriegl’s office.