Elise Manning: New Science Teacher Loves Outdoor Activities

“I want my students to get an understanding of science and how it is communicated, so they can understand and analyze new discoveries,” said Elise Manning, who is starting her first year teaching at NDA.

Manning teaches Physical Science, Physics and Honors Physics.

“I try to incorporate multiple learning styles in my teaching. I do a mixture of notes, practice problems, group and individual activities and experiments,” she said..

Manning grew up in DePere and went to DePere High School. After high school, she attended UW-Stevens Point and graduated with a degree in chemistry and physics.

Manning said she wanted to become a teacher after spending her “summers working at Bear Paw Scout Camp.”

“I really enjoyed working with and teaching the scouts during the summer,” she explained.

Manning wanted to teach at NDA because she liked the community, and her values strongly aligned with NDA’s.

So far, Manning has been enjoying her time at NDA, as she likes “how connected the staff and students are.”

“I have been feeling very welcome, and I am excited to continue my teaching journey here,” said the science teacher.

Outside of school, Manning loves to go hiking, kayaking and skiing. She also enjoys knitting and crocheting.