Michael Blake Likes ‘Interesting Curriculum’ of Career Explorations Class

Senior Michael Blake says NDA’s Career Exploration Class is giving him a head start on his future. Through the class, he is able to get outside work experience and knowledge that he can apply to his future career. 

He chose to take the class because of its interesting curriculum, and he wanted to experience a new way of learning. 

“It sounded interesting to me, and it was something new that I had never done before,” said Blake. 

His favorite memory from the program is playing a celebrity game to learn the different ways people can communicate, which is beneficial when working with a variety of different people. 

As for his future career, Blake hopes to become a mechanic. Through the class, Blake has the opportunity to work as a diesel mechanic at International Trucks, a truck dealer located in Green Bay. 

He has always enjoyed working on vehicles, so he decided to choose a career path that would allow him to continue doing so. He hopes to continue down this career path in the future.

The senior would highly recommend the program to other students who are interested in finding a future career but don’t know where to start searching. The class offers opportunities for students to get hands-on skills and experiences that won’t be found in traditional classroom settings. 

“I would tell other students that if you’re interested in learning things other classes won’t teach you, then take the class,” said Blake.