Tola Adejumo, 2021 Alum, at ‘Crossroad’ in Career Choice

“The medical field is something I’ve seen my entire life. It really inspired me,” said Tola Adejumo, a 2021 Notre Dame graduate. 

Adejumo is currently a junior at Temple University in Philadelphia where she is studying Public Health. She also has a certificate in nursing and medical assistance. 

Adejumo is currently on the healthcare track, but she shared that “it’s a very broad career field. The base-level skill set makes it easy to pivot into other fields. There is a lot that I could do with this.” 

“I have always been pretty social with people and helping others. I also like solving problems. Considering a medical career–part of it was passion, and part of it was pressure,” she said. 

Adejumo shared how before her family came to the United States, her dad was a practicing infectious disease doctor in NIgeria.

Over break, Adejumo works at a small clinic in Fond du Lac and Manitowoc, doing office work and patient care. 

Her future is “at a crossroads right now” because of how broad this field is. She is considering options of going to medical school, heading to law school or going into corporate health.

“Every day I wake up and see that there is something new to be discovered about me and the world,” continued Adejumo. “I’m always a work in progress; nothing is out of reach.”