Boys Hockey Squares Off Against Neenah Friday Night at Cornerstone

The defending Division 1 state champions, the Notre Dame Academy boys hockey team, has their home opener versus Neenah on Friday, December 6,  at Cornerstone.  Game time is 7 p.m.

Heading into Friday’s game, the Tritons are 2-2-1, while the Rockets are 4-1.

Senior captain Joseph Coghlin shared that Neenah is a physical team. “They are a team that will try and hit us,” he said. “They are going to try and put us on our heels by playing physical. We have to stick to our game and play fast.”

“It will be a good matchup,” added Coghlin. “I’m excited. It will be a fun game to play in.” He went on to describe it as a rivalry. 

“We just have to play our game. We have a lot of speed and skill on our team. We need to play hard and fast to have success in our home opener,” he said. 

The Notre Dame pep band will also be at the game providing music for the home fans during the game. “A nice crowd is always fun to play in front of. The students bring a lot of energy to the rink,” said Coghlin. 

“A lot of playing roles have changed from last season, so I’m excited to see some of the younger guys step up and fill bigger roles,” said NDA strength coach AJ Giovanetti. “It’s fun to watch a group of kids play the sport they love after working so hard in the off season. This is a very special group, and I’m excited to see them take the ice Friday night.”

The Tritons’ next games are on December 15 and 16 when they will travel to Lake Forest, Illinois, for a triangular tournament.