Deadly Earnest–Called ‘Unforgettable’ by Director–Will Be Spring Play

Director Crystal Dory recently  announced that Deadly Earnest will be the 2024 spring play. 

“This story follows a lovable bumbling character named Henry Gilcrest through his tumultuous journey as he navigates the pitfalls of losing his job, being dumped by Margie, and facing eviction from Aunt Ethel. As Henry’s fortunes miraculously improve, the comedy takes an unexpected turn when everyone he encounters shares the same name—Ernest,” said Dory. 

Deadly Earnest is a rapid-fire, three-act farce featuring a cast of unforgettable characters and brilliantly clever.

Auditions are Tuesday, February 20, and Wednesday, February 21, from 3:30-5:30 in the auditorium. 

To audition you only need to come on one of the audition days and prepare a 2-3 minute monologue. Monologues should preferably be memorized. The cast includes eight female roles and six male roles.  However, Dory plans to add 6-8 extra roles. 

“This year there will be a lot of scene changes, which is different from previous years, so I am looking for a good size backstage crew to help with set props and scene changes,” said Dory. 

She encourages students interested in joining stage crew to fill out an interest form. 

“The spring play is a wonderful opportunity to get involved, have fun and make new friends.  You will not regret getting involved,” she said.