Everything You Need to Know About Phone-a-Thon–from Pizza to Why We Do It

NDA is looking for students and clubs to participate in the annual Phone-a-Thon fundraiser beginning October 16 to subsidize tuition.

Phone-a-Thon is NDA’s second largest fundraiser after Tritonfest. Students call alumni, parents and friends of the NDA community asking them to donate to our school.

“As a private school, NDA is required to raise money every year for all sorts of operational needs and development of new programs,” explained Claire Teitz, who is the Assistant Director of Development.

The Development Office at NDA hopes to raise $175,000. Those funds are used to “pay for what tuition and endowments do not cover.” 

The funds pay for the development of new programs, technology, and a tuition subsidy for every NDA student.

“The cost of educating a student is now more than $12,350. NDA tuition is currently $7,800. That is a savings of more than $4,500 per student, which is paid for in part by Phone-a-Thon,” said Teitz.

The fundraiser begins on Monday, October 16, and goes through November 16. Students can call on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30 to 8 p.m. There will be no calling during parent-teacher conferences, Thursday night Packer games, Halloween and NDA Preview Night.

Any student or club interested should contact Mrs. Teitz at [email protected]. A Google form will be sent out where students can then sign up.

“As an added incentive, clubs, advisories, and sports teams who sign up to call get 5% of that night’s collection up to $500 to use for their club’s activities,” Teitz explained.

There is no previous experience needed to participate, as there are short training sessions before each calling session begins. A script will also be given if one does not want to speak impromptu. 

Pizza and other treats will be available every calling night.

Evie Rickards and Jenaya Jaslowski have been the most dedicated callers. Rickards would call during her study halls, and Jaslowski raised $34,210 last year.