TGB Shifts, But Fun Still Goes On

Though many students were disappointed that Notre Dame didn’t hold the annual TGB, or The Great Battle, Student Government worked hard to come up with alternatives and make sure everyone had a good Fall Fest Week.

This year’s TGB, called The Great Bonding, allowed advisories to “choose their own adventure.” 

The traditional talent show in the auditorium was canceled due to not having enough volunteers, but as Student Government executive adviser Jennie Laaksonen said, “Fun will still be on the agenda.”

Advisories got to choose between cornhole, trivia, a TikTok dance challenge, a finish the lyric/ movie trivia battle, a Geoguessr competition, an escape room and a creation station. 

“We were sad we didn’t have enough people to participate this year,” said student government moderator Holly Hinch. “We hope more people will put themselves out there in future years.”

However, they were able to act quickly to get this year’s TGB planned in time for Fall Fest week. 

Even though it was a little different this year, TGB was still enjoyed by students, whether they had experienced the traditional talent show or not.