Give-a-Gift Campaign Up and Running for Christmas Season

NDA’s Give-a-Gift program started on Monday November 20th. 

“NDA Gives is an annual Student Government project where we request Christmas wish list items for local Green Bay residents,” said Mrs. Gina Fredrick who heads this project. 

The wishes are put onto a virtual “giving tree” where students, employees and families can pick a family off the list and purchase items on the list. 

“Unwrapped gifts are due by December 8 so Student Government advisors and students can have enough time to wrap them all and ensure that each family member has approximately the same number of gifts to open,” said Fredrick. 

These gifts will be delivered to the home the week of final exams. 

The Give a Gift project has been happening here at NDA for 15 years. 

To get the names of the families, “we work with another Green Bay school who reaches out to several families to put together wish lists for Christmas,” she explained. 

This is one of Fredrick’s favorite projects at NDA. 

“It is humbling to see the gift requests and how generous our NDA community is for these families. When we deliver the gifts, many times there are tears of joy, and we know that we just made Christmas so much better for them,” she said.“It’s an amazing feeling seeing our community come together to help kids and adults in our own neighborhood.” 

Advisories, friend groups, our own families/relatives are all encouraged to participate. 

“We want to fulfill the Christmas wishes, so it’s open to anyone who wants to help,” she added.