December ‘Be Well’ Theme: Family

Be Well NDA
Be Well NDA

December is Notre Dame Academy’s third month of the Be Well program, and the theme this month is Family.

The Be Well topics come out of the safety committee and are created with student input to ensure they are as relevant to the students as possible. 

Each month, the topic is acknowledged in advisory  and in parent newsletters to encourage conversations at home. 

December is one of the most important months for family, because many people travel to see family or spend more time together over Christmas.

Our relationships with family members are some of the most important ones in our lives. 

Family is the biggest blessing a person can have, which is why it’s so important to show them you appreciate them this Christmas.

While gifts are a good way to do this, there are many other ways to show your family you appreciate them, and some of them are even more meaningful.

For example, spending time with your grandparents if you are lucky enough to have them or helping your parents or siblings with chores you don’t usually do.

Also, showing your family you are grateful for them through compliments, thanking them for everything they do and saying you love them is a great thing to do this Christmas break.