Tritons Face Menasha, Also Undefeated in FRCC, at Home Friday Night

Football is at a 4-1 record with their one loss to Waunakee and undefeated in the Fox River Classic Conference. 

“Team goals for everyone are to stay healthy and make a run in the playoffs. Hopefully, we can bring the chip back to NDA, we haven’t won state since 2015, and we feel like we have enough talent on both sides of the ball to do it this year,” said senior quarterback Carson Glosny. 

Junior kicker Nick Gruesen believes his position is one of the biggest “team” positions. 

“I depend on the snap that gets to the holder, the holder putting the ball down, and I know that I can count on my fellow teammates on the line to block and not let anyone inside,” said the kicker. 

When it comes to the kick, if none of those things happen, Gruesen said,it is likely that the kick won’t go in.

Running back Christian Collins, also a junior, was labeled top runner of the week last week by the Press Gazette. 

“My personal goals for the season are getting over 1500 yards rushing and finishing top 10 in the state,” said Collins. 

A spot in the playoffs has already been achieved, but winning the conference championship and winning the state championship are still in the books and a team goal. 

“I want the players to enjoy the playoff process but to take it one game at a time. We have played well so far, but the competition will be stronger, and we have to remain focused on the task at hand,” said varsity coach Chris Nowak. 

Nowak hopes that the team can start to get healthy and avoid more injuries. 

“We are not the largest team so as long as we do not sustain anymore injuries we should be able to play every game,” he said. 

“I think what is going well for us as a team is we are getting closer to our best every week. We are starting to mesh more and more as the season goes on, and we’re getting contributions from everyone,” said Glosny. 

“I believe my role on the team is important because even though I am not voted captain, I still have to be a leader and control the offense, as well as being a role model for the younger kids in our program,” he added. 

On Friday night the Tritons will take on the Menasha Blue Jays at home at 7 p.m. Both teams are undefeated in the FRCC Conference.