Girls Volleyball Ends Season at Regional Championship, Loses to #1 Seed Xavier

The Notre Dame girls volleyball team ended their season with a three-set loss in the regional championship game Saturday night..  The loss came at the hands of number one seed Xavier High School

Notre Dame’s record was 24-18 overall and 7-2 in conference. They were third in their conference and actually had their best conference finish and most wins since 2017. 

Multiple girls on the team received conference honors and honorable mentions. Hannah Greisen and Maddie Wolfram received honorable mention awards while junior Adah Danen earned first team all-conference recognition. Sydney Whitehouse and Grace Borys received second team all-conference honors.

The team  had a new coach this year, Chris Fitzgerald, who had nothing but praise for the team, saying,  “This was a great group to work with my first year, where we had success on the court.” 

I enjoyed seeing the team improve in volleyball skills, but I most enjoyed seeing them grow together as a team,” he added.

Six seniors will graduate this year, and next season the Tritons’ volleyball team will work even harder to improve their team. Like  Coach Fitzgerald said, “As a coach or player there are always ways to improve.”