Trap Team Organizing for Spring Season

The Trap Team is a group of students who participate in clay target shooting. 

“We are affiliated with the USA Clay School Clay Target League. It is the largest youth clay target shooting program in the world,” said advisers Stan and Erin Blakney. 

The Blakneys’ son, Liam, is a senior at NDA and has been in the program since his freshman year. 

“When the previous advisors left, we volunteered to keep the program going,” they said. 

The Team shoots at New Franken Sportsman’s Club in the spring on Monday evenings at set times. 

Last year, they had 40 students – 28 boys and 12 girls. 

If students are interested in shooting trap in the spring, they are still able to play spring sports. Both girls and boys are welcome to join. 

“No experience is necessary. You also do not need to own a shotgun. We have several students who have used our extra shotguns to participate,” they added. 

This is the fastest growing and the safest of high school sports. 

“We have lots of fun!” shared the Blakneys. 

If any students have any questions or are interested in joining, they can email [email protected] and attend the informational meeting on Monday, February 5, from 5-6 in the NDA Library.