Softball Team Getting Ready for Playoffs on May 16

The NDA girls softball team’s record is currently 8-9 overall and 6-6 in conference play.
“We are continuously striving for consistency and playing at a high level,” said Coach Scott Hermes in describing the season so far.
Sophomore standout Kaia Waldrop has hit five home runs in recent games.
“I’ve been so blessed to have the athletic ability to be able to accomplish these goals,” said Waldrop about hitting her home runs.
Softball playoffs start with regionals on May 16. The team is preparing for the competition and tough games that will get them farther in the playoff run.
“I expect us to compete for at least a regional title and hopefully be a factor into sectionals,” said the head coach.
The girls’ season began with open gyms and lifts in the winter. Official practice began March 11, and their work is not going unnoticed.
Senior Sienna Callaway has been in the program since her sophomore year of high school. She believes that the NDA softball program has great potential and has helped her throughout her softball career.
“Throughout the years I have learned so much,” said Callaway.