NDLA Leads Middle School Conferences, Expanding in Membership at NDA

The Notre Dame Leadership Academy (NDLA) will continue to lead a middle school leadership conference for students in the GRACE program, while also bringing their skills to NDA, according to Mrs. Jamie Danen, NDA’s Literacy Intervention Specialist and leader of the club.

“It began four years ago with last year’s seniors. They were invited to join an online leadership program during Covid. From that, the following year, they came together to form a group of students who created a middle school leadership conference for middle schoolers in the GRACE program,” commented Danen.

Last year, the seniors and underclassmen continued to work on the middle school leadership conference, but they also started a leadership club at NDA.

“We will continue to have the conference this year, but we are hoping to expand our leadership training and skills to many parts of NDA,” said Danen.

There were 65 students at the first meeting, and 20 leaders, who were involved last year, will be leading the club.

One of those members, senior Zita Lulloff, explained why she joined NDLA:  “I value leadership skills in many aspects of my life. By joining NDLA I can further my leadership skills by exposing myself to new people and new ideas.”

Lulloff stressed how NDLA is “a way for students to grow in their leadership skills” and that members will “hopefully be helping with things around NDA this year” as well as leading middle school conferences.

Any student interested in joining should contact Danen and attend the next meeting. NDLA meets every other week during lunch periods, and it is always posted in the written announcements.