New Campus Minister Brings ‘Lifelong Passion for Volunteer Work’ to NDA

Notre Dame Academy is excited to welcome the newest addition to its staff, Mrs. Kelly Waters, who will be heading campus ministry. 

Waters grew up in Appleton and attended Catholic school her entire life, graduating from Xavier High School. She went to St. Norbert College to receive her bachelor’s degree and finally went on to receive her master’s degree from Marquette University. She has lived in Green Bay since 2020 and is looking forward to working in the area.

“I am excited to work in the same community in which I live,” said Waters.  

Waters has had a lifelong passion for volunteer work, and this led her to becoming a theology teacher and campus minister. 

“The call to serve others is rooted in Scripture, so it was a natural fit for me to study theology in college with the goal of becoming a campus minister,” explained Waters. 

Each semester, Waters will be teaching one section of Prayer & Spirituality. Her main role at NDA will be planning and leading the class retreats, along with coordinating the service program. 

“I’m excited about returning to Campus Ministry after being in the classroom full-time for the last two years,” said Waters. 

Outside of school, in the little free time she has, Waters likes to run, bake and read. She is married to her best friend, Jacob, and together they have three sons. 

“They are the biggest blessings in my life! My family will definitely make appearances throughout the year,” she said. 

Waters hopes to make NDA an inclusive environment where “everyone can  feel welcome and know that they are a beloved child of God.”