Susan McGinnity Brings Her Expertise, Experience in Language Studies to NDA

“My primary goal as a teacher is to guide and support my students to meet their own personal educational goals,” said Mrs. Susan McGinnity, the newest addition to NDA’s staff. 

McGinnity’s goal as a teacher is to “meet all students where they are at,” and she believes it’s important to get to know students as individuals.

She will be teaching an Introductory Emergent Bilingual class and a World History class alongside Mrs. Danielle Bennett. She was originally driven to become a teacher while working at summer camps. 

McGinnity grew up in Wisconsin and went to college at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, earning a degree in Spanish and Latin American Studies. She also holds a master’s degree in education. 

She was inspired to work at NDA because of the wonderful education her children have received from Notre Dame. 

“Both of my children have had exceptional experiences at NDA, so I know firsthand that NDA is a great school,” said McGinnity. Her son graduated from NDA in 2019, and her daughter is a current junior. 

Outside of school, McGinnity enjoys  mountain biking, Nordic skiing, reading and traveling. She has four Siberian huskies named Miki, Mini, Olaf and Rory and likes to run with a dog sled in winter.