Triton Parent Society Donates Time, Talent to Support Administration, Staff

One of the most important yet unknown organizations at Notre Dame Academy is the Triton Parent Society. 

The group consists of parent volunteers who organize projects to improve the school and show appreciation for NDA teachers and staff. 

The Triton Parent Society was started in 2021 with six members, but that number has now risen to 35. 

“Our original goal was to have a parent-led organization that could lend time and talents to the NDA Administration, helping to enrich staff experience and the NDA experience through outreach to families and students–a welcome wagon of sorts,” shared Margaret Shanley-Collins, a founding member. 

She added that the group has continued to achieve this goal and is “here to serve in any positive capacity tasked to us.”

One of their biggest accomplishments has been renovating the Staff Lounge. After Covid, the lounge became more of a storage area.

The Parent Society noticed the lounge could use some love and decided to improve it.

“Great staff deserves a pleasant place to eat, work and relax. We made some simple changes with the assistance of Eric Novotny and introduced new wall hangings, pillows, some new chairs and tables and tweaked the layout,” shared Shanley-Collins. “We wanted to celebrate our staff. We felt that was the least we could do to show how much we appreciate all they do for our children.” 

What the group wants the NDA community to know about them is that they are fun, inclusive, open to new ideas, and they strive to make our school a better place to work and learn.

“We are proud of everyone in this special community, and we pray we can be part of the greater good,” said Shanley-Collins.

The group is always open to new members and would encourage anyone interested to join.

Their next meeting will be Monday, January 22 in the NDA library at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the book Mindset: The New Psychology of Sucess by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D.

Before:

After: