Senior Carson Glosny Appreciates Sportswriting Opportunity Through Career Class

Senior Carson Glosny has taken sports story writing as a Youth Apprenticeship at the Press-Times newspaper. 

Glosny is involved in the career program headed by Mr. Christian Dory.

“I really enjoy the career program and how it has helped me. Taking the PPS class over the last two years was one of the best decisions I’ve made in high school,” said Glosny.

Glosny’s friend Brady LaViolette convinced him to sign up for the program.

“I had no clue what it was going to be until I stepped foot in the class. But looking back on it, I am so happy I did it,” he said. 

Being able to leave school after 5th hour and the less homework load has made his second semester “more enjoyable.”

However, his typical week at the Press Times is pretty packed.

“I have to do a lot of proofreading, which is much different than you’d think. It is less grammatical errors than it is matching the format of how it should be published in the paper, and then I typically cover a high school sporting event per week, and occasionally another story in which the topics can vary,” he added. 

He really likes his internship, the work, the environment and the people he works with. He believes that this is something other people should look into.

“I haven’t decided which route I want to take, but I know I want to stay around sports, whether that be sports media or maybe even coaching in college,” said the senior. 

The senior is currently undecided on his major and still unsure of what route he wants to go for his career.

“After considering all my options, I will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point to play football,” said Glosny.